Thank you for your interest in submitting music to Rochester Free Radio. Our station offers a diverse variety of music programming and is always interested in featuring content from local Rochester artists as well as other individuals and bands from around the country.
Please complete the form below to submit your music for airplay consideration on our radio station. You may also mail your music on CD to the address given on our contact page. Keep the following in mind when submitting your music:
- This form is strictly for music submissions from artists, bands, or their authorized representatives. For other inquiries, please use our contact form.
- Any music submitted must be of broadcast quality and must have the proper ID3 metadata, including title, artist, and album (if applicable). Accepted file formats include 192kbps or 320kbps MP3, or 256kbps AAC. The maximum file size limit per submission is 25 MB.
- Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material. Radio edit versions are accepted and are preferred where possible.
- Music submitted via CD will not be returned.
- Rochester Free Radio does not sell or barter access to its DJs.
- Submitting music to the station does not guarantee airplay. We will consider all submissions on a case by case basis to ensure they meet the standards set forth above and to see whether they would be a good fit for any of our DJs or for our automated rotation.
With regard to musical work performance rights, Rochester Free Radio holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant Rochester Free Radio the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream our station over the Internet, submitting entities and individuals also represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant Rochester Free Radio the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.
Has your submission been properly edited for broadcast?
As an FCC-licensed radio station, Rochester Free Radio cannot accept material which violates FCC regulations
regarding defamatory, indecent, or profane content.
PRO License Acknowledgement
SoundExchange License Acknowledgement